Saturday, February 20, 2010

Fun with Grandmom



My mom came out for three weeks to help us with Andrew and Elizabeth while I transitioned back to school. Her help was such a blessing and we had such a fun time with her. We just wish my dad was able to visit as well! Although the weather was pretty bad during her visit and Andrew and Elizabeth were sick for most of the time, we still managed to get out and do a few fun things. We visited the Mother Cabrini shrine in Golden. What a beautiful place! My mom told me how her dad used to drive the Cabrini nuns on errands all over Philadelphia back in the day.



Elizabeth loves stickers. However, she does not stick them on her own shirt but rather everyone else's. I think the only thing she likes better than stickers is Band aids. We're trying to put an end to the Band aid usage though as it's gotten a bit expensive. Every morning and evening, Elizabeth will put a Band aid on every little tiny cut or bruise on her arms, legs, hands and feet. Yesterday she had on 5 or 6. Today the Band aids are all gone so maybe we can put an end to it today!
Mom and I had a girl's afternoon out to tea at Cherokee Ranch and Castle in Sedalia. I wouldn't recommend it for guys . . . tiny food portions and little fancy tea cups. But my mom and I had a great time just chatting away with no kiddo interruptions. We miss you already mom!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate,
    I've been thinking of you lately and thought I'd check out your blog. It's so good to see you and your mom. You both look amazing. Now, let me talk about your kiddos! I can't believe how much Elizabeth resembles you and Andrew does Jan. You have been blessed with two beautiful children and through reading your posts, two children who have amazing personalities! I just love seeing Elizabeth and reading what she's up to because Reese is starting those terrible two's and is such an incredible little girl all wrapped up with joy and emotions and all the lovely things that make us girls, I guess. :) When I see pics of you, I remember how much I cherished our times together "beatin' the path" all those years in CC and track. Man do I miss the zen on those runs. Looks like you're really at home with the wonderful nature that surrounds you. Hope to talk to you soon, Kate!
    Love,
    Kim (Bidus) Dolan

    ReplyDelete

British Isles!!! Mega Post!!!

June 21, 2019 Starting In Dublin, Clockwise Around:  (technically we did Dublin, then Glasgow, then Belfast and on to Inverness......