Saturday, October 23, 2010

Seattle Visit


Andrew, Elizabeth and I ventured to Seattle a few weeks ago to visit Michael and Courtney and the girls.  We had not been out there in almost two years and had a fabulous time.  We did so many fun things from going to the Air and Space Museum, watching Avery's soccer practice and game, to just playing with the kiddos.   Michael and Courtney's house is a short walk from the beach and the girls and Andrew had a fabulous time building sand castles and running and rolling around in the sand.  





The highlight of the trip, however, was meeting our beautiful Regan Eileen who is about 6 months old.  She is such a delicate little girl, especially when you put her next to Andrew.  The two of them played well together.  Andrew would often try to wrestle Regan but she can stand her own.  All it took was a little hair pulling and Andrew got the hint real quick.  


 This is one of my favorite pictures.  Double trouble here trying to get the gate figured out so that they can go downstairs to play with the big girls.




I took Elizabeth, Andrew and Madeline to the Air and Space Museum.  It was really fun to have Madeline all to ourselves and allow her and Elizabeth a chance to play.









Another highlight of the trip was taking the ferry boat from West Seattle to Downtown Seattle.  Despite the rain, the girls had so much fun on the boat and downtown.  We rode the carousel and played in the arcade (where Aunt Kate will go down in the history books (of Avery and Madeline anyway) for winning over 200 tickets on some game that I couldn't even begin to describe to you - the result: gummy bracelets, bouncy balls and stickers galore!)  And here is the highlight- food wise.  I am a huge seafood lover and I go through major withdrawal living in Colorado.  So whenever I get the opportunity, I eat seafood like it is going out of style.  I know my mom and dad are laughing right now as I have a husband who is an avid fly fisherman yet I never get to eat one.  Thank you Seattle family for a wonderful trip!  We look forward to coming out again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

British Isles!!! Mega Post!!!

June 21, 2019 Starting In Dublin, Clockwise Around:  (technically we did Dublin, then Glasgow, then Belfast and on to Inverness......