Thursday, December 23, 2010

Early Christmas with Grandmom Maron and Pop pop Steve


 I know, I don't publish any posts for a month and then do three in one day.  I finally had the chance to catch up a little bit today and decided to sieze the moment!  Mom and dad and Cathy came out for my graduation  and to celebrate Christmas with us a few weeks early.  We had such a wonderful time and it went by too fast, as usual.  Some get togethers we don't have much going on but this one was the exact opposite.  We never stopped!  My graduation was on Friday and then on Saturday we went to Georgetown CO to ride the Santa Christmas Train followed by lunch at Cathy's (and my) favorite CO pizza place, Beau Jo's and then to Boulder for a graduation get together at my advisors house and a night out in Boulder.   Elizabeth and Andrew really loved the Christmas train and getting to see Santa. Elizabeth asked Santa for a lady bug pillow pet and new brown socks for Uncle Ben (because his have holes in them).  And Elizabeth and Andrew even got bells from Santa's reindeer to ring on Christmas Eve.

On Sunday, mom, Elizabeth and me went to the long awaited Nutcracker ballet.  Elizabeth has been talking about going to the Nutcracker for two months now and we've been reading the book almost daily.  The actual experience did not disappoint.  She absolutely loved it!  She was totally enthralled the entire time.  We were seated in the front row of the balcony and Elizabeth was able to stand up and watch.  It was adorable because at first she kept asking me, "mommy, where is the nutcracker?"  And then when the nutcracker finally arrived on stage, he precious face was priceless. And she loved clapping at the end of each act and announcing who all the characters were.   Mom and I had more fun watching Elizabeth watch the Nutcracker than anything.  And it was so special being able to go with my mom.  She and I went almost every year when I was growing up.  We have not gone since my senior year in high school and it brought back so many wonderful memories.  Thanks mom for joining us for a wonderful Christmas tradition!



Andrew could not look any cuter in his little snow suit.  He waddled around and would fall down and not be able to get back up.  He looked so cute that people were actually stopping to take his picture.




No comments:

Post a Comment

British Isles!!! Mega Post!!!

June 21, 2019 Starting In Dublin, Clockwise Around:  (technically we did Dublin, then Glasgow, then Belfast and on to Inverness......