Monday, September 1, 2008

Family Day on the Secret River

A couple years ago I stumbled upon the perfect family fishing location on a river here in Colorado that offers everything a family could ask for: Great fishing for decent sized fish, plenty of shade, picnic tables, a nice little beach area to sit and read a book or enjoy a glass of wine, a port-o potty for the ladies, and the best part of all is that no one seems to know about it! To protect the peacefulness of our little spot we keep its location on a strict need to know basis. I didn't realize how special of a little spot I had found until I was talking about it with a local fly shop owner who then shhushhed me and gave me a look that I will never forget when I mentioned the name of this particular location. The expression on his face had such intensity as though he was mentally screaming at me and plugging the ears of the other patrons in the shop all at once. You would have thought that I was inadvertantly spilling national secrets to a foreign government or something - so from then on, mum has been the word.
Of course Elizabeth loves it here, it's a perfect place to play in the water and get dirty from head to toe. You may notice that she has different outfits on in each of the pictures... I think we went through three outfit changes while we were there - but she sure had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

British Isles!!! Mega Post!!!

June 21, 2019 Starting In Dublin, Clockwise Around:  (technically we did Dublin, then Glasgow, then Belfast and on to Inverness......