Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekend with mom

Mom came out to visit last weekend and we had such a wonderful time together.  We've been talking for years about going on a retreat together and we finally got the opprotunity!  It was such a wonderful experience to share with mom and I will cherish our time together for a long time.


We also got to do some fun stuff with the kiddos.  One day we went to the Denver Stock Show and Rodeo.  As you can see, the kids dressed up in style, cowboy/ cowgirl boots and all (compliments of Grandmom Maron and Pop Pop Steve. . . how can you have grandparents from TX and not have cowboy boots?!).   The kids had a fun time looking at the sheep, cattle, chickens etc. and riding the pony and little train.  It was really funny when Andrew wanted to ride the train.  It was one of those things that you look at and say, that's a rip off!  But he really wanted to ride it and how could I say no when Elizabeth was getting to ride the pony.  So I paid the $3 and Andrew had the train all to himself.  He has motion issues sometimes, I think due to his inner ear problems that he's had over the past two years, so sometimes he gets on a ride (like the penny horse at the grocery store) and does not like it at all.  Not the case with the train.  He was thrilled and thought that he was such a big boy.  It went around the 50 ft track three times and he thought that he was the Engineer!  Too cute!   Overall, I must admit that we were a little dissappointed at the Stock Show.  I've been to Stock Shows/ Rodeo's in TX (and mom has been to many more than me) and the Denver one just does not have the small town charm that makes Stock Shows and Rodeos so much fun, especially for kids.  The Denver one just was not that "kid friendly."  Who knows, maybe that is by design but it was tough with the kids.  I would like to go back for a Rodeo as I bet that would be amazing but I could skip the Stock Show next year.






And what would be a family get together without a Birthday Celebration!  It was mom's birthday and Elizabeth wanted to get her a cake with trains and angels.  I'm not sure how she comes up with these things but she always does!  Needless to say, I don't need much arm twisting to get a chocolate and raspberry cake with butter frosting from my favorite bakery.  Let me tell you, these ones are worth every single calorie! And Andrew was thrilled to sing Happy birthday and blow out the candles three times so all was well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

British Isles!!! Mega Post!!!

June 21, 2019 Starting In Dublin, Clockwise Around:  (technically we did Dublin, then Glasgow, then Belfast and on to Inverness......